I’m am serving you some serious ’90s vibes here, freaks. I gotta say, I’m loving the return of 1990s trends — like berry-stained lips, chokers, big hair and Doc Martens. This slip dress and tee duo brings me back to those halcyon days two decades ago (FML!) where you could find me dabbling in the follow nonsense…
- Listening to Nirvana and pretending as though I was Kurt Cobain’s love interest in lieu of sloppy Courtney Love
- Obsessing over my asshole boyfriend at the time (you know who you are, asshole)
- Wearing “No Fear” T-shirts. Ewwwwww. That memory makes me itch. And twitch.
- Playing Nintendo’s Super Mario Brothers and failing miserably
- Watching Rug Rats as though it were my job
- Plotting the slow and painful death of that lying, cheating aforementioned asshole boyfriend
- Slathering Lisa Frank stickers all over my personal belongings
- Killing all of my friggin’ Tamagotchi pets (relax, dudes, they were digital)
- Creating mix tapes with tunes by George Michael, Prince and Madonna
- Sleeping under a glittery ceiling of plastic glow-in-the-dark star stickers
Ah, I loved the ’90s. Welcome back to 2016!